About Dr. Crislip
Mark Crislip, MD has been a practicing Infectious Disease specialist in Portland, Oregon, since 1990. He is responsible for the Quackcast, a skeptical review of Supplements and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (SCAM), three time winner of best health podcast; The Persiflagers Annotated Compendium of Infectious Disease Facts, Dogma and Opinion, a guide to infectious diseases; the Persiflagers Infectious Disease Puscast, a podcast review of infectious diseases, and Rubor, Dolor, Calor, Tumor, an Infectious Disease blog.
Oh yeah. And A Gobbet ‘o Pus, a podcast repeat of Rubor, Dolor, Calor, Tumor. He also has an iOS app and his ID blog entries have been collected and are available on the Kindle as Puswhisperer. A Year in the Life of an Infectious Disease Doctor.
Part II Topics
- Have you ever been to a chiropractor?
- Placebo effect
- The importance of risk vs. benefit and comparing alternative and traditional medicine
- What is your favorite microbe?
- If you had to limit yourself to one topic of debate - homeopathy, vaccines, reiki, aliens - which would it be?
- The Society for Science-Based Medicine
- The difference between education and critical thinking and the prevalence of gullible-$h!7s.
- Evidence-based chiropractic & NCCAM
- What advice would you give to a student pondering chiropractic school? (Hint: Learn how badly you think and apply it to yourself.)
For more information on Dr. Crislip, check out edgydoc.com and follow him on Facebook and Twitter.
While you're at it, check out Exploring Chiropractic on Facebook and Twitter as well, and share this interview with your classmates and friends.
Stay tuned for the second part of my interview with Dr. Crislip and an episode with South Africa.