The most successful people in the world have one thing in common: they read. And they read a lot.
Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, Elon Musk...
But it's not just entrepreneurs.
Dr. Scott Haldeman, DC, PhD, MD, a reknowned spine specialist, thinks you should be reading at least 5 hours per week to keep up with the latest spine research.
Reading is a skill and a habit that must be developed and honed. And there’s no better time to start than before you go to chiropractic school.
Here is my list of must-read books for pre-chiropractic students. I’ve either read the book, or had it recommended by guests on my podcast.
- 80,000 Hours: Find a fulfilling career that does good. -Benjamin Todd
- Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action -Simon Sinek
- Careers in Chiropractic: Exploring a Growing Field -Cheryl Hawk, DC, PhD
- Learning Medicine: An Evidence-Based Guide -Peter Wei & Alexander Chamessian
- The Art of Learning: An Inner Journey to Optimal Performance -Joshua Waitzkin
- The Story of the Human Body: Evolution, Health, and Disease by Daniel Lieberman. Amazon • Kindle • Audible
- The Religion of Chiropractic: Populist Healing from the American Heartland by Holly Folk. Amazon • Kindle
- Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School by John Medina. Amazon • Kindle • Audible
- SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper by Howard E. Wasdin. (Trust me, the author became a chiropractor after leaving the SEALs!) Amazon • Kindle • Audible
- Medical Terminology: Exercises in Etymology by Dunmore and Fleischer. Amazon • Kindle
What do you think?
What books would you add to this list? If you’re already in school or are a practicing chiropractor, what books inspired you? Send me an e-mail or message on social media to let me know.
A smarter you in 15 minutes.
Blinkist takes great works of non-fiction and distills them into powerful, made-for-mobile units, or blinks. Blinks are 2-minute-reads built around memorable key messages, so you can get the main concepts of an entire book in 15 minutes. Made for movers and shakers Read a 2-minute key message while you wait in line or a whole 15-minute insight summary over lunch. Choose audio or text Classics like The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People or Simon Sinek’s Start With Why: we've got it – for your ears or your eyes. From the best and brightest Great ideas on business, marketing, psychology, and more from the thought leaders you wish were your teachers.
1,000+ best-selling nonfiction books, transformed into powerful packs you can read in just 15 minutes.
Free trial - choose a book you love and keep it forever.