Travis Hornsby founded Student Loan Planner after helping his physician fiancée navigate ridiculously complex student loan repayment decisions. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst and brings his background as a former bond trader trading billions of dollars. He brings that same intensity to analyzing the best repayment paths for graduate degree professionals with six figures of student debt. He's helped hundreds of clients save millions of dollars on their student loans, and he lives in St. Louis, MO.Read More
Dr. Lona Cook is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison as well as Northwestern Health Sciences University for her Doctorate of Chiropractic. She is the author of the book “Just Tell Me Where To Start - Insight on Blasting into Chiropractic Practice” in which she details how she paid of all of her student loans in exactly 2 years.
In my interview with her we talk about:
- How did you manage to pay off $150,000 of loan debt in 2 years?
- Why weren't you content just doing what everyone else does and sticking to the 10 year plan?
- What was the feeling like that month after you had paid off your loans? You had an extra $10,000 in expendable income!
- What should students do right now to prepare for practice?
- How do you manage to afford technique seminars and extra courses while in school?
- How did you provide for yourself during those 6 months post graduation?
- Is paying off your loans early dependent on a high volume principle based practice?