Dr. Maiers recently published an article titled "Our future in the hands of Millennials in the Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association.
We discuss her journey through chiropractic, her research, and her vision of the future based on her experience with the upcoming generation of chiropractors.Read More
One Community For Everything Chiropractic
Dr. Beau Pierce - Founder and CEO
As a second generation DC, Dr. Pierce has been exposed to the idea of total wellness for over three decades. Dr. Pierce represents an emerging digital generation that has proved social networking and online connectivity translates into growth and strength. The idea to meld Chiropractic with a custom engineered social network was made possible by the unique circumstances of life long professional exposure and the generation he was born into. Dr. Pierce believes a digital element will be critical to remedy industry problems and advance the profession.
Dr. Pierce serves as the CEO and Chief Innovator and works to continually develop and enhance value added digital functions that will facilitate global member interactions, awareness and resource sharing.
- How important is social media to the progress of the profession?
- What is Circle of Docs and why did you found it?
- Why did you start podcasts?
- Finish this sentence: “Chiropractic is…”
- Where do you see chiropractic in 10 years?
- Describe your ideal patient in 1 sentence.
- If you could only use 3 treatments for the rest of your career, which would they be?
- What was the best time you had in practice?
- If you were to do it all over again, which school would you choose?
- What is the most important thing students can do when choosing a school?
EC 9 – Social Media in Chiropractic
Better late than never. This is another After School special with the most active chiropractic students on social media. We talk about why you should be on social media, all the big players, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and blogging. I stir up controversy over the Germ Theory of Disease, and we share our ‘Tic Picks including a brand new social network specifically for chiropractors.
Excuse the poor connection on my end, and enjoy!
The Chiropractic Sandbox Facebook Group – this group has since been discontinued
Alicia Smith: Hippocrates’ Shadow by David H. Newman
Brendan McCann: Better: A Surgeon’s Notes on Performance by Atul Gawande (and his TEDTalk: How do we heal medicine?)
Brian Lanoue: Life by Design Worldwide Podcast
Nathan Cashion: CircleOfDocs